MF 5’10 Catfish FCS2
The Cat Fish is fast and super fun!
Inspired by the speed and flow of boards from the experimental 1970’s where there were no rules!
This hybrid design has a slightly decreased nose area when compared to a standard keel or quad fish, the bottom is designed to increase water flow under the front foot and then release it with ease through the fins and tail. The result is fast acceleration with drive out of turns.
This design is a response to wanting to have a softboard in the quiver that will surf in a more diverse range of conditions, you won’t need tp reach for the standard shortboard until the waves are head high.
The Cat Fish will handle most conditions you throw at especially when you upgrade your fins to the FCSII Split Keel or Futures Controller set!
5’4 x 19 1/4 x 2 1/4 27L
5’8 x 20 x 2 1/2 33L
5’10 x 20 1/4 x 2 3/4 37L
1. Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) foam is very light and strong. EPS foam has more buoyancy and floatation increasing paddling speed and manoeuvrability
2. Hybrid Carbon Fibre cloth is recessed into the deck of the EPS core and acts in a similar way to a leaf spring providing storage of potential energy during bottom turns with a progressive release resulting in a smooth transition during top turns.
3. The EPS core is laminated with layers of high grade E-Cloth and Epoxy resin forming a strong internal shell.
4. The exterior of MF Softboards has 4mm IXPE deck skin and HDPE bottom skin creating a true soft surface!
5. MF Softboards utilise an industry first fin plug installation enhancing performance when you upgrade your soft fins for genuine FCSII or Futures compatible hard fins!
1 in stock